What is required for Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-Factor Authentication can be accomplished through the use of your smartphone/tablet or computer.
Downloading the app on your Phone/Tablet:
All users that will be required to initiate Two-Factor Authentication will be required to have:
1. Their current username and password for their “Verified” account.
2. Smartphone/tablet (any apple or android device).
3. Installation of Google Authenticator on their Device
a. Android Install (Google Play Store)
b. Apple Install (Apple Store)
4. Have their device with Google Authenticator open every time they login into “Verified”.
NOTE: As the generation of the tokens is tied to an individual’s Synergy Gateway account, the mobile device must not be a shared device.
Once you've completed the Google Authenticator setup, please do the following:
1. Click on the activation link in the welcome email . It will open a web page.
2. Enter a new password (you can use the one you are currently using) in the 2 password fields.
3. Click on the "Generate" button. It will display a QR code.
4. Open the Google Authenticator app on your phone and click the button that adds a new account (may look like a big plus (+)sign).
5. Choose to scan a QR code.
6. Scan the QR code displayed on the page.
7. Check off the "I'm not a robot" checkbox.
8. Click the "Submit" button.
Please note that the activation link we send you is only active for a limited time. If you have not set yourself up prior to this time frame, simply click on the "Forgot Password/Resend Password" button on the Verified Login page.
Please let us know if you have any questions.